AmNewYork: Tips for eating out in NYC with food allergies with Allergic Girl




The NYC-based food allergy counselor was so dissatisfied with the resources available to people like her that she published her own guide, "Allergic Girl: Adventures in Living Well with Food Allergies," in 2011 to help others manage the daunting act of eating out. 

“While I was busy being a young adult, all of these national nonprofits had sprouted up for children, but no one was discussing how to live well and communicate effectively with life-threatening food allergies as an adult,” Miller said. “Because I’ve lived with food allergies my entire life and have been dining out my entire life in New York, I had a wealth of experience on what to actually [do].”

Read more of this story on AmNewYork.


Comments

Popular Posts