Food Allergy Counseling: American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders conference, 2013

At the end of the month, I will attend my first American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders (APFED) conference to learn more about Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders and connect with this growing community

I first learned about EoE when I served as a patient representative on a panel to evaluate research for the Department of Defense. As a food allergy counselor, part of my mission is staying up-to-date and abreast of food allergy news, research and developing conditions. Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders is one of the newer food allergy-related illnesses. I’ve already had several clients in my practice with EoE or EGID, many of whom are coping with the same issues and concerns as the anaphylactic food allergy community: how to understand a medical diagnosis, learning how to communicate medical needs to those around them and living a full, happy and healthy life.

Here is some further information about EoE from APFED and here is more information about the APFED conference in Philadelphia, PA in June 2013.

Comments

Kendra said…
This will be my 5th APFED patient education conference. I hope that you will find the experience as enlightening as I have each year!

Popular Posts