Food Allergy Counseling: Kids with Food Allergies & Dr Dave Stukus: Food Allergy Testing - What You Need to Know (Video & Resources)

“I’ve been having headaches. I’m going to go to the allergist. They’ll tell me what I’m allergic to.”

“My doctor told me that my child’s tests for peanuts came out at 1.25.  What does that mean?”

“My doctor told me I’m allergic to 50 foods. But I eat them all the time without any reactions.”

“The allergist told me I’m allergic but didn’t give me an EpiPen or tell what to do if I have a reaction.”

In my food allergy counseling practice, I hear questions like these almost every week. Food allergy diagnosis can be confusing, scary, even frustrating. Two allergists can give you two different explanations of the same phenomena. Or no explanation at all. 

Recently, Kids With Food Allergies (KFA), a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America hosted a free educational webinar featuring David Stukus, MD (Here's my interview with Dr Stukus). David Stukus, MD broke down the ins and outs of food allergy testing, including the myths and misconceptions. 

This free educational webinar is a must watch!



Comments

Popular Posts