Resources for Back to School 2020 & Covid-19
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of being on a virtual call hosted by kaleo, the maker of Auvi-Q and some of the leading food allergy advocacy organizations:
- Dr. Vivian Hernandez-Trujillo, Pediatrician Allergist and Immunologist, Allergy & Immunology Care Center of South Florida
- Tonya Winders, President and Chief Executive Officer, Allergy & Asthma Network
- Eleanor Garrow-Holding, President and Chief Executive Officer, Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Connection Team
- Kathy Przywara, Community Director, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Anita Roach, Vice President of Voice of the Patient and Education, Food Allergy Research & Education
- Omar Khalil, general manager of Allergy and Pediatrics, kaléo
This call was all about supporting families in the food allergy community get ready to return to school during this time of uncertainty and in many areas, non-traditional learning environments.
Each organization posted links to help support families. The supports offered are many -- the links below will help you continue the conversations with your board certified medical health professionals and your schools.
Kids With Food Allergies:
- Understanding How COVID-19 Could Affect School Health Care Plans for Food Allergies
- Hand-Washing Vs. Hand Sanitizer: Protecting Your Family From COVID-19 and Other Illnesses
- Study Tests Best Ways to Remove Food Allergens From Surfaces
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Schools and the Impact on Kids With Food Allergies and Asthma