Wusthof




When I was leaving for college my mother and I went shopping for a proper knife set. I was already a big cook at home but never had really great knives. So we went to Macy’s and bought a set of Wusthof. I knew I wanted a paring knife, a chef’s knife in two different sizes and a bread knife. I cooked all throughout college, in various dorms, on hot plates, in my room or in communal kitchens with my own sets of everything to prevent cross contamination. Having a great set of knives was vital.

I was super excited when Wusthof recently contacted me to try out one of their new knives:

Wusthof, the leader in professional grade cutlery for nearly 200 years would like to lend a hand with a practical guide to the "Top Ten" kitchen knives and sharpening tools for the holiday kitchen. Newly launched this fall, the new, next generation Classic collection of precision-forged, full tang knives is enhanced withWusthof's new computer-controlled PEtec edge. This new technology ensures an unfailingly precise and uniform blade from heel to tip. Wusthof's best-selling Classic knives are distinguished by a triple-riveted black handle, which now offers a more durable stain and fade-resistant material, and new rounded shape for a comfortable and secure grip.

What they sent me:

Wusthof Classic 7" Santoku Knife - This top-selling Japanese style knife has a distinctive "hollow ground" blade edge (a row of beveled ovals) that allows food to easily release. When thinly slicing potatoes, cucumbers or eggplant, they won't stick to the blade. The Santoku originated in Asia, but has established a huge following in the U.S., thanks in no small part to homage paid by a mega star on Food Network. Suggested retail price: $99.99.


There is nothing like cutting with a sharp, well balanced, feels-good-in-your-hand knife. A sharp knife can turn a struggle into “buddah”. The Wusthof Classic 7" Santoku Knife has a shape that has been all the rage for a few years now. The blade makes a “D” and for my hands it has just a bit more stability. For the home cook who may not be used to working with such sharp, weighted knives I think the Santoku is a great choice.

Thank you Wusthof for making cutting in the kitchen fun!

Comments

Popular Posts