Recipe: Marshmallow & Chocolate Fudge, #AllergenFree

Last weekend, I had brunch with my besties from grade school. My bestie bestie since first grade, Aimee, has two little ones; her seven year old is peanut allergic. When we get together, we all make food that is safe for everyone else. It’s joyous. 

A few years ago, I made fudge from a recipes in Divvies cookbook (you can find the book here). The girls, and their dad, never forgot it. So this brunch there was a request that I make the marshmallow fudge. Which of course I honored. Marshmallows and chocolate are two of my favorite things together and apparently everyone else's. 


The Divvies this recipe is beyond easy. I’ve made it with lactose-free dairy and I’ve made it completely dairy-free as per the recipe. I’ve used Divvies chocolate chips and I’ve used Enjoy Life Mega Chunks. And it all turns out perfectly.

Here is Divvies original recipe.


From The Divvies Bakery Cookbook by Lori Sandler. Copyright (c) 2010 by the author and reprinted by permission of St. Martin's Press, LLC.

I made the recipe as stated. Lined my 9x9 pan with organic parchment paper from If You Care and then marshmallows from Jet Puffed. I poured the fudge on top. Let it cool and then sliced. Here are some luscious cross-section pictures of my end result. 










Use this recipe as a base and make variations. Mint. Yes. Oreos? Yes. Bacon. Oh yes! Candied ginger? Yes. Orange zest? Oh yes! It’s fine for Passover, no flour. It’s delicious for Easter. And it’s a fun cooking activity to do with your little ones.

Thank you Divvies for the inspiration. Now, go get cooking! 

Comments

Popular Posts