Allergic Girl Review: Niman Ranch, Spicy Italian Sausage, Allergen-Free


I picked up a package of Niman Ranch’s Spicy Italian Sausage at my local Whole Foods and flipped to the back to read the ingredients. “Contains No Allergens”. 


Niman Ranch’s Spicy Italian Sausage 

That is something we rarely, or ever, see. So, I was intrigued. I purchased a pack and then called Niman Ranch. I spoke with a lovely woman who told me the Niman Ranch facilities do not process any seafood, tree nuts or peanuts and is also gluten-free. And then they emailed me a confirmation.


Niman Ranch’s Spicy Italian Sausage 


So…
Read label – check.
Spoke to company – check.
Have email confirmation that none of my allergens in facility (wow!) – check.
At this point, it’s time to take the leap, the leap of faith. 

When trying something new, I do all my due diligence, and then when I’m ready to try it, I just have to try it, have faith that it will probably be fine and that if there is an allergen problem, I have my own back. 

How do I have my own back?
I understand my food allergy diagnosis.
I have my emergency medication on hand.
My anaphylaxis action plan is memorized and also is printed out and hanging in my kitchen.
I have safe friends around me who know how to help in an emergency. 

PS The Niman Ranch’s Spicy Italian Sausage was delish!

Comments

KP said…
Love Niman Ranch products...we swear by their bacon and pulled pork! Now I'll have to add this sausage to the list.

Popular Posts