Allergic Girl Recipe: Zucchini Bread Cake, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free







Labor Day weekend, we were up in the Upper Valley of Vermont and I was gifted some garden goodies including fresh zucchini from my bae’s mother's garden. 

When we came home, I realized I had a box of Namaste Foods vanilla cake mix in my cupboard. (Have you noticed, I keep lots of allergen-friendly cake mixes around for baking, ahem, emergencies.) I thought: zucchini bread!  As a holiday weekend baking experiment I added a cup of shredded and drained zucchini to this Namaste Foods vanilla cake mix and it came out DELICIOUS! I called it Zucchini Bread Cake because it's somewhere in between a cake and a tea bread and I cooked it in a loaf and used a cake mix. I'm sure the recipe would work just as well as muffins, too. The Zucchini Bread Cake is moist, not too sweet with a gentle hint of spice from the cinnamon. So yum!  
See the steps on my Instagram feed and here.

Zucchini Bread Cake: Nut-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free

13 ounces Namaste Foods vanilla cake dry mix 
2 large eggs 
1/3 cup oil 
1/2 cup water 
1 T cinnamon 

1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed in a paper towel so it’s drained of extra moisture

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment. Mix the eggs, oil, water. Add zucchini and combine all the wet ingredients.

Add dry mix and cinnamon to the wet ingredients and combine all.

Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan, place into oven. Bake 55-65 minutes until center is just set and toothpick comes out with minimal crumbs. Let cool in the pan for ten minutes. Then lift out using parchment. Let cool. Slice. Enjoy!

A simple confectioners sugar glaze would be nice if you're looking for a second, sweet kick.



Garden fresh medium sized zucchini, washed, grated and squeezed of extra liquid

 Namaste Foods vanilla cake mix as of September 2018

Mixing wet ingredients

Mixing in dry ingredients

Baked to perfection!

A generous slice!





Comments

Popular Posts