Food Allergy Counseling: Gluten & Allergen Free Expo, Secaucus, NJ

For the first time, the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo came to the east coast.



I was thrilled to be there selling and signing books on Saturday September 7.



From the crowds, starting at the early bird 9am start, I’d say it was a roaring success! I met many fans of Allergic Girl: Adventures in Living Well with Food Allergies – thank you so much! 

I saw many of my colleagues there, Anthony from Bistango Restaurant, Marlisa Brown, RD, author of Gluten-Free Hassle Free, Chef Franklin Becker, Erin Smith of Gluten-Free Fun, Tamar Freuman, RD who wrote that wonderful article in US News & World Report. A few several former counseling clients of mine were there, too. 

And then there were the vendors, many of the community’s favorites were there and some I had only heard about. Here are a few shots from the day.


I LOVED this!


Michael from Freedom Foods. Based in Australia, I've heard about them for years and they are on their way to the US.
Mylan Specialty LP, marketers of EpiPen and Get Schooled in Anaphylaxis Program

King Arthur Gluten-Free flours and mixes which are also top 8 allergen free
Enjoy Life Foods: new formulations & packaging, same commitment to top 8 allergen free snacks and treats
HomeFree Treats - GF, nuts-, egg- and dairy- free and organic
La Veneziane corn-based GF fresh, vacuum-packed gnocchi

There were many more vendors to meet but as I was manning my area at the author's table, I couldn't' get to everyone.

Fantastic job, Gluten & Allergen Free Expo, and I look forward to be part of your growth in the coming years!



Comments

Gratefulfoodie said…
Thanks for the great photos of the expo. I really like how the nut free section was designated.

I have to say, I was jealous reading and looking at the all the great photos.

Hope you enjoyed some rest after the expo..I'm sure it was fun, yet tiring!
Tiffany deSilva said…
I saw your photo of the Freedom Foods vendor--my 4 year-old daughter loves their Maple Crunch Cereal. She calls them school buses.:-)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm looking forward to attending a future expo. It looks like it was a hit!
Unknown said…
I wish I could have gone! I'll have to wait until next year when they finally come to Massachusetts!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Popular Posts