Enjoy Life Foods

Since I discovered them in March, I cannot get enough of their products. It’s like I’d never seen a cookie before. And during this past year, I literally hadn’t.

Since I’ve gone gluten/wheat-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and soy-free [and I’m always nut-free], I’ve been virtually dessert-free. Or was until I discovered the gluten-free section at Whole Foods and Fairway wherein I thought, Ah, dessert can re-enter my life. However, many of these products' manufacturing plants, like Glutino, are not nut-free. Or oftentimes gluten-free isn't soy-free, or yeast-free, or dairy-free, etc.

So, imagine my surprise, and glee frankly, when I stumbled upon a company whose motto called to my very heart of hearts. Eat freely, it said. And they made cookies in a gluten-free and nut-free facility! I was in-love. The first hurdle was investigating what exactly sorghum flour was and how I might react to it, if at all. After one tatse and no reaction, there's been no stopping me. I’ve been going through these dumpling-like cookies like water. I think I may have an Enjoy Life cookie gut. They even make chocolate chips I can eat as they are produced at a nut-free dedicated part of Blommer’s in Chicago.

However, no love affair is perfect. Enjoy Life Foods is a new company and they have some quality control issues: I have bought Chocolate Chip cookies to find Snickerdoodles inside instead [they replaced them]; the texture is rarely the same from one box of cookies to the next [I eat them anyway]; and I found a spiral-shaped metal filament in my mouth after eating some chocolate chips [They said they didn't know where it came from and sent me some free chips as compensation].

Sigh. Like any love affair, there are growing pains. But I am staying the course with my new love—giving them some time to work out the kinks whilst I eat the chocolate. Hmmm, nut-free chocolate.

Comments

Popular Posts