Sex and the City movie

Oh, what we do for love.

My dearest, and one of my oldest friends, the lovely and mermaid-esque Aimee, has two young children and lives in the 'burbs so we don't get to see one another as often as we used to (but we talk every day!). She has been watching SATC in reruns, as we all have, and became hooked. So much so she’s been talking about the movie for months.

When she said she would come in to NYC to see it with me, I was psyched.

I asked her, "When?"

She said, "What about Saturday? Morning?" How could I refuse even though I can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater before noon, er, if ever. But a SATC viewing with the one woman who has seen me through every "Big" mistake, as I have seen her through hers [we've been "best friends" since first grade] was the perfect date [we went to brunch afterwards to dissect and then Bloomie's, natch].

We saw a 10:15am showing at my local theater Saturday morning and we weren’t the only ones. Not only was it packed, and this was a huge theater, but when we left there was a line waiting for the next showing at 1pm. And the 2, 3 and 4pm showings were sold out.

What did we think?

We loved it until the end. I won't tell you why but just know these two girls were in total agreement about the failings of this 2 hour 22 minute love letter to the girls.

Did any of you see it? What did you think?

Comments

Lynn said…
I loved the movie. It was perfect. I can't imagine what they would do as a follow-up but they are already talking about it! The girls looked great, the fashions were so cool and I laughed and enjoyed every minute of the movie.

Popular Posts