Huey's Nut-Free Chocolate

Started by the mom of a nut-allergic child, Huey’s Nut_Free Chocolate sent me some samples of their wares to try. Specifically, mint creams, chocolate caramels, a crunchy bar and Josie’s , which are M&M type candies.

I shared this largess with three other non-allergic eaters who all liked everything. And then I tried the samples. Bottom line: all of the products were tasty and they all tasted like the “real” thing. That’s the trick here, as Huey’s is not dairy-, nor wheat-, nor egg-free so these products taste like their commercial cousins. I found some more products more successful nut-free clones than others, but really this is picking nut-free nits as everything was tasty.

--Josie’s have that crackle of M&M, so much so that I did a double take. Wowee.

--The Huey’s Nut-Free Chocolate mint peppermint creams was melt-in-your-mouth good, very fresco, like a York peppermint pattie in a truffle shape.

--The Huey’s Nut-Free Chocolate crunch chocolate bar was close to Nestle Crunch – milk was the overhwleming tatse here.

--And the Huey’s Nut-Free Chocolate caramels were my least favorite as the caramel taste was correct but the texture was gritty. This may have been an error of shipping in the heat or that I didn’t try them upon receipt (as in they sat for a few weeks). It was tasty just not that ooey gooey caramel I was hoping for.

Here is a listing of all of theHuey’s Nut-Free Chocolate ingredients to Huey’s confections. Huey’s is peanut and tree-nut free; however they do use dairy and egg and soy in many of their chocolate confections and on their equipment. Here are their ingredient warnings.

If you have questions, and I’m certain you do, please reach out to Huey’s I’m sure they’d love to hear from you.

Thank you Huey’s for creating a nut-free chocolate option!

Kristen Rice
Huey’s Nut-Free Chocolate
T. 612-801-4473
Toll-Free 877-801-4473
kristen@hueysnutfreechocolate.com




Comments

Popular Posts