Perky’s Crunchy Rice Cereal Treats

I heard from gluten-free colleague Lauren that she makes marshmallow Rice Krispies treats but with Enjoy Life Foods’ Perky’s Crunchy Rice Cereal. (Enjoy Life kindly sent me some crunchy rice cereal samples to play with.)

Top eight food allergen free and with five ingredients (Rice Flour, Rice Bran, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey, Salt), I could not wait to try this out. I was thrilled with the results. Using Earth Balance vegan spread and Jet Puffed marshmallows, I created a pan of allergen-friendly happiness.



Go, make some, but beware you cannot eat just once square of this luscious treat. And don't get me started about what if I added melted Enjoy Life chocolate to the top. Enjoy!

PS According to Enjoy Life, Perky's can be found in the following stores in NYC:

A Matter of Health
Elm Health
Fairway Market
Health Nuts
Health & Harmony
Natural Frontier
Whole Foods (Tribeca, Upper West Side, Chelsea, Union Square, and Columbus Circle)

Comments

kimom said…
Just shouting out hello from Central Africa, one allergic girl to another!
I have severe reactions to tree nuts too and have my whole life. Seen my share of the ER. But 30 years ago, people didn't believe me or label things well. Now there is lots more awareness!

I have a long list of less severe reactions to probably 100 other things too, but the tree nuts has been defining. It's pretty easy to avoid in Africa, where they only appear if imported (very rarely)! Got my epi! Come on down! =)

We are GFCF now, and playing with the idea of GAPS. Thanks for raising awareness!

Popular Posts