Recipe: Marinated Red Onions, Allergen-Free, Vegan, #NoCrumbsleft

Love red onions? Love a quick marinated thing? Me too. Now add them all together and you get quick marinated red onions that are super easy and super delicious and you will want them on everything:  salads, burgers, quesadillas – seriously these marinated onions are just happy anywhere you put them.

A few notes:
I tried this recipe/technique with shallots; they were good but not as yummy as thinly sliced red onions.
I use Lucini evoo, it’s single source. Love them. 
I use Morton’s Kosher salt, coarse grain. 
I used Eden Food organic red wine vinegar
And I made a mistake from Terri’s original recipe so here’s my version which is barely altered from her original. This recipe is truly ALL Terri, No Crumbs Left.




Recipe: Marinated Red Onions, Allergen-Free, Vegan
Barely adapted from Terri, No Crumbs Left.

Ingredients
1 small red onion
1 t dried oregano
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
¾ cup olive oil
S&P to taste

Thinly slice the red onion. Place the slices in a Tupperware container and pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over. Add dried oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and let sit at room temperature to marinate. Use immediately. Terri says they keep for two days unrefrigerated.

***

Join me on Instagram @allergicgirlnyc and on my Allergic Girl Facebook feed to see what I'm cooking right now and to cook allergen-friendly yumminess with me!

Comments

Popular Posts