Dinner Detox

Even after a solid year of meat eating, after 17 years of not, I still consider myself a newly minted meat-eater. So, after Sunday night’s dinner of lamb with a side of steak I felt it was time for a tummy rest. I will stick to a nice veggie-ful diet for the next week—even though the leftover lamb chops are singing a chilly siren song in my freezer, ready to be defrosted and reheated, damn them!

So, last night I threw together a veggie plate for one. Actually, I unconsciously recreated what a friend of the family, the infamous Harriet, once made: the Jackie O plate.

Harriet claimed that She ate this every day for lunch: avocado, mozzarella slices, bean salad, fresh steamed beets and fresh steamed corn. Where Harriet received this particular information nugget no one thought to ask: it’s a yummy plate, so we didn’t really care.

But coincidentally, I was at Sarabeth’s a few years ago and Mama Sarabeth, that is Sarabeth’s actual mother, who was hostess-ing that morning, came over to our table told me that Jackie O used to come in often and that I very strongly resembled a young Jackie O. Ha. Very nice compliment indeed.

So really it’s all about Jackie O. And the veggie plate, without the mozzey this time. And it was delish.

Comments

Popular Posts