Corn Tortillas, Gluten-Free

Maybe I got the idea from our Worry-Free Dinners event at Dos Caminos, where they make masa flour based corn tortillas in-house. Their tortillas are light, fresh, almost fluffy; they were a great, easy and safe choice for the guac, salsa and even for the fresh meaty tacos we had.

At home, I’ve been finding corn tortillas in the ethnic food sections of my locals markets and wondering why did it take me so long to start using these at home? I warm them on the hobs or in a pan and use them to make turkey roll ups, egg “tacos”, "grilled" cheese and even PB&J on tortillas.

Corn tortillas are my new favorite gluten-free thing.

Comments

Unknown said…
I discovered torillas a few months ago and they are also my new favorite gluten free thing! They're fairly easy and fun to make at home too. Just masa, salt and water.
Allergic Girl® said…
that's a great idea,too!
Marty said…
I was using them a lot, too, until I found out I was allergic to corn.

Whimper!
Allergic Girl® said…
what about using buckwheat (rhubarb family, NO relation to wheat) to make a crepe?
sallybranwyn said…
I love them, too. Plus, they're cheap!

I've made garbanzo bean crepes...but they were pretty much just Indian dosas. I think? They were tasty! I would think buckwheat would be equally delicious. Or maybe mixing sorghum, buckwheat, flax, and garbanzo flour? hmmm...
Sheri said…
Been making them for quite a while, but I always keep a package of premade ones in the freezer because you just never know.
Anonymous said…
They also make a fabulous substitute hot dog bun. Perfect length plus the whole corn-dog vibe...

Rebecca

Popular Posts