Angie's Popcorn

New brand name. New website.  New flavors. New packaging. New allergen policy.

Lots of “new” and news over at formerly Angie’s Kettle Corn now Angie’s.

I saw Angie’s at Natural Products Expo East where there were unveiling all the goodies. Here’s me and Angie in a sweet and salty hug!

I’ve now had a chance to try the Sweet and Spicy which, OMG, I LOVE. And today I tried their low calorie line: BoomChickAPop flavors of plain and lightly kettled (that’s my word for it). The plain was delish and the lightly kettled, well, I like a full on sweet and salty but if you are watching calories this will give you a hint of sweet and some fiber and whole grain. A decent option for sure.

The main question and concern here is the food allergen statement. Back when I first met Angie’s and worked with them to clarify their allergen messaging they were top eight free.

That has now changed as they make products in three different facilities; they used to just make popcorn in one place and they have added products with dairy and chocolate.

*From Angie’s about their chocolate drizzled products (which I haven’t yet tried): “Our chocolate coating has milk and soy in it. All though there are no nuts in the chocolate coating, it is not certified nut free.”*

I’m excited about Angie’s expansion. As I know Angie (she was a psychiatric nurse), I know she really understands the importance of clear food allergy messaging as well as a clean facility.

But please, don’t take my word for it. I know you have questions about the change-over and the new products. They welcome your questions and comments. Contact them anytime to talk about your needs.

Congratulations Angie’s on all of these wonderful and delicious expansions!




Comments

Popular Posts