GF Challah French Toast

For the second morning in a row I’ve indulged in GF Challah French toast courtesy of the sampler pack sent by the Everybody Eats guys. [Review will be posted this week]. I thickly sliced the GF Challah and pan-fried two slices. They cooked just as their gluten-ful cousins would; all vanilla custard-y in the center, cinnamon-y, and browned on the outside⎯yum doesn’t describe it, simply indulgent.

[Because I know you’re curious: I use a batter made of two organic large eggs, some Lactaid milk, and a 1/2 t of the really good stuff . ]

I kept thinking is this really GF? I mean it didn’t taste any different; it was a luscious dish. And I was totally too greedy to stop eating and get my phone camera to take a shot of it. I had forgotten that custard-y center. You know what I’m talking about. Oh my. Creating that is one of my dad’s special cooking tricks. And I’m glad to see I haven’t forgotten.

A Gluten-Free Challah which transformed into The French Toast of Love. Who knew?

Comments

Sheri said…
Hurry with the review :-) I have heard about these guys and am wondering if it's worth the cost and shipping to get it here in frozen Illinois.
Allergic Girl® said…
Sheri! I just got pix last night so review soon, soon.
Heather said…
Oh, this sounds so wonderful! I want to try it!
This entry is pure TORTURE! Torture because there is nowhere to get GF challah here. I guess that's one more thing to look forward to w/r/t moving back east.
Allergic Girl® said…
Ms. Bay! yes we have people who make GF challah here!

Popular Posts