Bermuda and Allergies

I’m going to Bermuda for the first time this weekend. A group of us are going to celebrate a dear friend’s BIG birthday. I can’t wait for some balmy breezes, the smell of the ocean, some beach time, some relaxing time and some birthday time!

So…what am I packing aside from bathing suits? Why food of course. Bikinis take up only so much room; the rest of my bags will be snacks and food.

The trip coordinator has already spoken with all of the restaurants where we are eating and told them of the of the Allergic Girl sitch. I will of course will triple check, and bring some allergy cards and my sense of adventure.

And snacks.

Did I mention that I’m bringing food? Really that is the thing that saves me. I’m packing some Tinkyada pasta at the brill suggestion of my gluten-free and corn allergic friend Kuki Seth. I’m bringing organic GF granola I made and dried fruit; some rice crackers and Enjoy Life cookies ; and organic cheese and fruit for the flight.

Will take lots of pictures!

Anyone have any suggestions, I’m all ears!

Comments

Have a fabulous time!! I can't wait to hear all about it. The Tinkyada pasta is a great thing to take. We are packing some for Disney. Do you have a small colander that you can pack too? It's easier to drain and you know for sure that yours isn't contaminated.
Allergic Girl® said…
hey!
i wont actually be doing any cooking in the room. but it's a fancy schmancy hotel and i will have a chat with the chef abt how to cook in fresh water etc...
thanks!
Anonymous said…
I love this blog, thanks for sharing.
- George Ya76oo
Have a wonderful time on your trip. I have a 2 year old with multiple food allergies and I don't know what we would do without Enjoy Life foods.
Nowheymama said…
Sounds fun!

I just read about your Worry-Free Dinner on the 20th. How cool! Wish we could come....

Popular Posts