Bloom's New York Deli, NYC

A few weeks back I had lunch with friend and colleague Robin at Bloom’s New York Deli.

Catherine of AGlutenFreeGuide told me that they were one of the first GFRAP restos in NYC. And in midtown. And a deli. You know how I love deli.

Bloom’s does indeed have a GF menu. Our server, a total NYC character in the best sense, was semi-knowledgeable about GF options. (she really wanted to talk about the evils of soda though). There weren’t that many choices for me as I was in a breakfast-y state of mind. So I ordered eggs. That came with fries, no homefries. But what many of you might be happy about is that they were GF fries, made in a dedicated fryer! That was pretty excellent.

here's what arrived, eggs with fries [and Robin sneaking a fry]:


Overall would I run back? Eh, not really. The fries tasted like they had been fried three times in stale oil, the eggs came out with broken yokes and their GF menu wasn’t terribly impressive. But I’m glad they exist and hey this is only one Allergic Girl’s opinion. Check it out and let me know what you think.


Bloom's New York Deli
124 E 40th St,
New York, NY 10016

Comments

Catherine said…
I haven't been back since they added gf bread to the menu. I keep meaning to make it down there but the rest of food isn't calling me. :)

--Catherine
www.aglutenfreeguide.com
Allergic Girl® said…
GF bread?! i didn't see that on the menu. it is heavy deli food, true...
CeliacChick said…
Yeah, now you know why it hasn't made it onto CeliacChicks! :) They get an "A" for effort, but the food is boring. [yawn]
CeliacChick said…
Yeah, now you know why they haven't been featured on CeliacChicks! : ) They get an "A" for effort, but otherwise the food is BORING. [yawn]

Popular Posts