Recipe: Homemade Hot Fudge Sundaes, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free




After making these delicious Namaste Food cupcakes, I thought: instead of making whoopie pies, like I planned, what if I made a make-your-own-sundaes bar for a brunch I was hosting? Everything can be made ahead of time and frozen or chilled and then served a la minute, which I love. No baking the morning of. 

And everyone swooned over these, just look at my Instagram feed at my most recent brunch for eight people last Sunday. These can be your new treat for your July 4th celebration, go ahead I dare you!


Recipe Notes:

This recipe uses dairy and eggs. Otherwise, it is allergen-friendly and free from the other top six allergens. (I imagine you could try it with non-dairy “butter” and “cream” and an egg substitute; however  I cannot vouch for how it will come out. But totally worth a try if you have those ingredients handy and make substitutions regularly.)



The elements for my homemade sundaes are:
Whipped Cream

Below are my two versions of sundaes, but go with what you have on-hand and what you love - it's a sundae that's allergen-friendly for you! Safe sprinkles, marshmallows, fruit, more chocolate - go for it all!


***


Version 1:
 Vanilla ice creamHot Fudge SauceSalted caramel sauce, Namaste Devil's Food Cupcakes


Version 2:
Vanilla ice cream + Hot Fudge Sauce + whipped cream + Namaste Devil's Food Cupcakes


Recipe by Namaste Foods

Ingredients
1 package (or 13 ounces) Devil's Food Cake Mix 
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
3/4 cup milk


Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-muffin muffin tins with non-stick spray or wipe with butter or oil. Combine eggs, butter and milk. Add cake mix and blend until smooth. Fill cups 3/4 full. Bake for 16-19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. These freeze exceptionally well, too.

To assemble: split the cupcakes, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream, make a little sandwich, drizzle hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce. Bonus round: sprinkle some flaky salt on top. Really, it's fab!



Without caramel sauce but with whipped cream


Comments

Popular Posts