Back at my Allergic Girl one-year anniversary, I mentioned there were big things planned for year two, so here goes!
I’m a licensed social worker and psychotherapist trained and experienced working with adults, children, couples and groups. One of my biggest announcements in year two is: I started my private coaching and counseling practice! I'm helping people like us, those that have food allergies and food restrictions.
Many of you write to me privately asking how I’m able to eat out so often with food allergies and food intolerances. I’ll tell you: a lifetime of experiences with allergies and my social work training has enabled me to talk with anyone and get the service and information I need.
Now I help others develop the same clarity and confidence!
• Do you feel limited by your food allergies or food intolerances?
• Do you restrict yourself from enjoying a meal in a restaurant?
• Did you discover something you’ve eaten your entire life now makes you ill?
• Are you embarrassed to tell friends why you can’t share their meal or eat at their house?
• Does it seem like no one understands your dietary needs without judgment?
• Do you believe it would be helpful to have someone who understands you to talk to on a regular basis to work through food issues as well as other life goals?
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, coaching may help you get to that next step in advocating for your needs, educating those around you, feeling confident about being in social situations and eating allergen-free! Contact me by email to schedule a free sample coaching session to see if we would work well together.
• Achievable goal-setting based upon your needs
• Building up your existing strengths
• Ongoing support
• Assistance with food choices, grocery shopping and meal planning
• Learning how to create a “safe” person and “safe” places
• Resources: books, websites, organizations, support groups
• Ancillary service referrals available: psychotherapy, acupuncture, nutritionist, yoga, and doctors/allergists
• Field trips in NYC available
BENEFITS FROM COACHING:
As a direct result of working with me you will experience:
• An increased confidence eating away from your safe zones
• A heightened ability to communicate your needs to everyone
• A strengthened support system
• A decrease in overall anxiety around food allergies and intolerances
Coaching can be conducted by either telephone or in person if you live in the New York area. Contact me by email to schedule a free sample coaching session to see if we would work well together.
Happy Allergen-free Eating!