US Mills, Erewhon Cereal

I haven’t been in the cereal aisle in an age. The last time I tried an organic brand, it tasted like cardboard frankly. And that was before I went GF. So three years ago now. So much has happened.

I was wandering the aisles of the Union Square Whole Foods with Danielle who is also GF. Her quest was a decent tasting amaranth cereal. I drifted into the aisle with her and happened upon Erewhon cereals at my eye level. (On a tall day, I’m 5’2”. I can just hear K. making a snide height joke right here about eye level, so feel free to insert your own right now). Crispy rice. GF? Not a nutty facility? Organic? I was sold. (The 365 brand according to their label is produced in a contaminated facility so I passed on all of their lovely seeming product).

I had a bowl when I got home later that day and guess what I heard? Yes! Snap, crackle, and pop. Really, my friends were back and the cereal was delicious—tasted seriously close to rice krispies to me. Add some Suzanne’s Specialties ricemellow crème and I may have an organic rice-stravagaza of goodness on my hands: partially organic, rice sweetner based, GF rice krispie treats...oh my waistline, stop me now...

Comments

babysteps said…
I just discovered these a few weeks ago, from box I was expecting more "rice puff"

so was very happy to hear snap crackle pop! I even held them up to my spouse's ear

:)
Allergic Girl® said…
isnt that funny we both had an immediate aural reaction?!
Alisa said…
Well, you tell K. they will have to get past your 5' (no " following, not a typo) e-bodyguard to make those comments!
Allergic Girl® said…
alisa, my similarly petite and feisty friend! LOL! petite rocks!

Popular Posts