A reader posted this question:
"Hi! I stumbled on this site and was really excited to find it. I love red wine. Love it. My question is, I have developed over the past few couple of years severe tree nut, shellfish, NutraSweet and real maple flavoring allergies. I thought I heard somewhere that people with nut allergies shouldn't drink red wine. I haven't had a glass in over a year and I'm missing it! Do you have any information on if it is true or not that people with tree nut allergies shouldn't drink red wine?"
Anyone have any thoughts? My thoughts are that sulfites are highly allergic anyway so best to stay away [unless maybe having a low sulfite organic wine] but I don’t know of a particular connection between the nuts and wine allergies.