Pineapples On The Bay, Newport, RI

Our lovely local guides, the talented duo of Larry and Shelley suggested we go to Pineapples On The Bay the outdoor café grill of the Hyatt Hotel on Goat Island. We went on our second day in Newport.

Elise was our server, lucky me, because Elise is studying to be a nutritionist. When I told her about my allergies, she had the outdoor grill kitchen go through all kinds of hoops: new pans, new gloves without my even asking. Yay, great job!

Still, I had the simplest thing on the menu: a burger:



Sadly, it was a tasteless, tough, and overcooked. But it arrived no bun, with a plain side salad and was cooked just for me, on the grill in a clean pan! So all was allergen-free! For me. This is where Kunjali had the steamers that made her sick. Sigh.

The view is really the star at Pineapples as it overlooks the bay. That day there was either a regatta or a sailing class or both, so the water was filled with bright billowing sails. This made the lunch worthwhile.

Can I recommend Pineapples for lunch? Not really. Without Elise as your server, I don’t know how an allergic diner would fare. But for a drink with a view? Definitely, this local hang was a great suggestion.

Pineapples on the Bay
Hyatt Regency Newport
1 Goat Island,
Newport, Rhode Island, USA 02840
Tel: +1 401 851 1234 Fax: +1 401 851 3201

Comments

Popular Posts