Bloggy Book Tours

Back in 2005, when I was working in publishing, my boss asked me to check out some blogs. He had heard it was a good way to get some pre-pub buzz for a book by sending them a galley (an uncorrected proof) of the book.

Blogs? I had barely heard of “a blog” much less ever been on one; neither had he.

Flash forward two years and blogs are routinely being used for pre-pub buzz and as an adjunct or in place of the book tour. Welcome the virtual book tour. Even the NYT is talking about it.

I was just talking about books and blogs and tours with Shauna of Gluten-free Girl. Wiley sent me a galley of her book Gluten-Free Girl: A Life Beyond Wonder Bread. Starting soon, Shauna will be doing a virtual book tour. Here's an interview on Future Perfect Publishing that's starting the buzz. Exciting right?! I’ll be one of the stops as well.

Meanwhile, I read the galley this weekend and I can tell you that her many fans won’t be disappointed. It’s all here, the YES, the food, the love plus some more personal insights into our very own Gluten Free Girl.

Comments

Nowheymama said…
Ooh, I'm excited-- can't wait to read it!

Popular Posts