Allergen-Free Corn Muffins




King Arthur Flour and Bob’s Red Mill sent me some samples to play with and I combined them in a glorious and ridiculously (for gluten-free anyway) recipe for quick corn muffins, just in time for a homemade brunch while my little non-allergic half-bro and I worked on his graduate school statement of purpose (remember those?).

Basically, I took King Arthur’s GF All Purpose Flour and Bob’s Red Mills corn meal and did a switcharoo on the Bob’s recipe. The first batch I totally forgot baking powder. There were too dense and anemic looking (see the left side of the picture) but edible. Then I added a teaspoon of baking powder to the second half of the batter, and sprinkled some raw turbinado sugar on top and voila, actual corn muffins piping hot, airy, light yet still corny and yum.

Have any of you tried any of the King Arthur Gluten-Free mixes and flour blends yet? Or the new line of different grade of cornmeal from Bob’s Red Mill?

Comments

Popular Posts