The tele-conference call was very interesting last night.
Firstly, meeting and hearing authors of blogs I read regularly was very cool. Secondly, it was great to hear the smart and varied questions we had for the doctor.
In hindsight, I wish that allergies and asthma as topics had been separated out. Of course, they cross over and that's fine; my asthma is allergy related, I get it. But both topics are so huge and comprehensive that we could have spent more time discussing and following up with each question. That’s what I wanted: to follow up with each question that was asked in more of a roundtable discussion format.
Here is a list of the attendees: Gluten Free Girl; Allergy Moms ; Childfoodallergy.com; Kids with Food Allergies; Allergizer ; Our Story ; Allergic Girl; moderator Cynthia , and allergy expert Dr. Clifford Bassett.
We did two rounds of one question each and I took some very quick notes as we talked [apologies to any blogger if I didn’t get it quite right].
1. Our Story : What is anaphylaxis?
2. Gluten Free Girl: Please discuss the psychology of allergies/intolerances.
3. Childfoodallergy.com: False negative results in food allergy testing? Why is that?
4. Allergic Girl: In terms of treatments, what’s on the horizon within the next ten years for allergies and asthma?
5. Kids with Food Allergies: Explain biphasic reactions?
6. Allergizer : Diet during pregnancy, how does it effect potential food allergies in children?
7. Allergy Moms : Please discuss immunology of the skin relating to multiple food allergies.
8. Our Story : Outgrowing milk/eggs allergies, is that possible?
9. Gluten Free Girl: What do you think about the anecdotal evidence about the rise of food allergies?
10. Allergic Girl: What advice would you give to the newly diagnosed allergic or asthmatic adult?
11. Cynthia: Allergic video games? Are they in development?
12. Kids with Food Allergies: The role of epinephrine in treating asthma?
13. Allergizer : Genetically modified foods - how does it relate to food allergies?
14. Allergic Girl: Natural remedies⎯what do you think?
As soon as the link is up I will post it so you can hear what the good doctor had to say in answer to these questions.
PS The link is up.