Happy MLK!

I’m going into my free lance job today as their office is open and I can kinda, sorta understand why. They are an international company owned by the Dutch; half of the office is French. But according to this article, super duper law firm Skadden Arps thinks Jewish High Holy Days and MLK day, a day of national mourning for a beloved civil rights and black community leader, are interchangeable “floater” holidays. Blacks and Jews; forever united in marginalia.

I don’t mean for this to sound as flippant as it does but come on! MLK is a national holiday, close your offices! Reflect on where we are now versus 40 years ago! Do something to enhance the civil rights of all Americans! Don’t get me started as to why Yom Kippur is an “optional holiday” in most offices.

Comments

Popular Posts